EMPLOYEE NOTE: You must complete your training prior to your first day of work. Register as soon as possible to confirm your position and pool location.
2012 and 2013 Lifeguard Training
- Participants must be 15 years old by the last day of class to register. If your birthday is later in the Spring or Summer, choose a class that meets the age requirement.
- Everyone must bring proof of age to the first day of class. Documents accepted include: Driver's License/Driver's Permit (with birth date) or State ID, Passport, Birth Certificate, School Transcript (with birth date).
- All students must pay by credit card at the time of registration. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD and DISCOVER. Please talk to your parents before you start the registration process. See alternative registration information further down the page.
- Once you choose the class you want, you will be connected to our training site-SportsClubCRM. This is still the GHPM site.
- Students are required to attend all class dates and times listed for each specific class.
- Students must arrive 10 minutes early before each scheduled class.
Non-employees are required to pay an additional $50.00 fee. Please choose the catagory marked NON EMPLOYEE for registration.
American Red Cross Prerequisites:
(prerequisites are performed during the first few hours of class)
- Student must be 15 years of age by the last day of class.
- Swim 300 yards continuosly: breakdown- 100 yards front crawl, 100 yards breast stroke, 100 yards either breast stroke or front crawl.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs.
- Swim 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object, return to the surface, and swim 20 yards face up back to the starting point holding the object with two hands in under 1 minute and 40 seconds. Time stops when the brick is put on the deck and participant exits the water without using a ladder/stairs.
LUNCHES AND BREAKS:
- Lunch Breaks: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ALL STUDENTS MUST BRING LUNCH AND DRINKS EACH DAY. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO LEAVE THE CLASS TO PURCHASE LUNCH.
- Breaks: There will be small 5 to 10 minute breaks throughout the class.
ITEMS PROVIDED BY GHPMI:
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Book
- Pocket Mask
- American Red Cross certification cards. When individual passes all ARC requirements student will receive 2 certificates. Lifeguard Training and FA, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers/Health Care Provider and training in Bloodborne Pathogens.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR CLASSES:
- Swimsuit, several towels, goggles (for the 300) and swim cap if needed, extra change of clothing, pen or pencil, and notebook for notes, food and drinks for the day.
FEES- If you have applied or have been hired to work with GHPMI for the 2013 season, you can pay the employee fee. All others will pay the additional non-employee fee of $50.00.
GHPM EMPLOYEES- Click on link below. Follow directions on website to create an account. To complete the registration process, you must enter credit card (visa, mastercard or discover) information and you will be emailed a registration receipt and confirmation letter.
Credit card payment will ensure your spot in the class, but if you want to pay by check, please email email@example.com.
To pay by check- Do not continue the registration process through the website. Use the email above to reguest the registration form. We will email a registration form designed for check payments. You can always stop by the Cypress office to register and pay.
NON-GHPM EMPLOYEES- Click on link below. Follow directions on website to create an account. To complete the registration process, you must enter credit card (visa, mastercard or discover) information and you will be emailed a registration receipt and confirmation letter. All non employees must pay the non employee fee-$50.00 more than the employee rate. This will be automatically calculated during your check out process. Non-Employees are required to pay by credit card.
Click here for the Registration Website.